Monday, September 29, 2008

Go Community

How exciting to watch (and be part of) the evolution of Clif's 2080 program--from the early days of contributing the equivalent of one full-time employee (2080 hours) to our local community (no small vision) to a multi-company venture combining the energies, people power and good of several companies and extending our reach even further. In Good Company New Orleans--what an excellent way to embed ourselves in the idea and practice of community.

My first visit to New Orleans was in 2000. I was competing in TaeKwonDo at the national AAU tournament. I decided to make a vacation out of it, extending my visit and bringing mom along. We had a fabulous time exploring the food and music scene. One of my favorite days was spent walking the Garden District--I'm a big Anne Rice fan and had to see the neighborhood depicted in so many of her novels first hand. We had a great lunch in a little cafe focused on natural food (can't remember the name). I was thrilled to hear that our In Good Company lodging would be in nestled in the heart of the Garden District!

No comments: