Saturday, November 1, 2008

My first post, and first impressions




I arrived at the house a little while ago. After brief introductions (I have to admit I already forgot everyones names, except for Tan, her name is unique enough that I can remember) we took a short tour of the house. Its actually really two houses, but they are joined, but also separated... it's actually hard to describe. there are a total of 10 bedrooms (or what we are calling bedrooms) each room with two, three, or four beds. Some of the rooms looked finished and have decorations, others still look like they are being worked on. There is a great big balcony that wraps around the entire front of the house, a beautiful view I am sure, if only we could go out there (there are handmade signs at each of the entrances to the balcony stating "do not go on the balcony, its dangerous") I imagine I would be okay if I walked out there on my own, maybe ill convince someone else to test it out for me. 



The house looks old. Its vintage charm actually makes it quant and cozy. The dark wood floors compliment the wood trim all around the home. The is however a sort of wet dog smell to some of the rooms. I'm not sure if it is the carpet, or maybe its molded wood, whatever it is, I am sure that the heat tomorrow will just make it worse. I can use it as an incentive to spend less time in my room and more time running around town and hanging out with the folks from 7th generation, Cliff Bar, Annie's & of course Eileen Fisher (my personal favorite)

My favorite thing about the house though (apart from the antique furniture) are the super high ceilings. I didn't measure, but I imagine that they are at least 15 feel ceilings. Great for making you feel big and powerful. 

The conversation in the back yard has been great. Some of us are helping the cooks, (the smells are great) others are telling jokes of wearing women's clothing late at night. Its been great to meet some other EFers and the folks that we will be working with. Tomorrow is a day for adventure and more bonding.

Until tomorrow,

Ernesto 

No comments: