Thursday, October 30, 2008

The French Quarter, Cafe Du Monde, Big Easy....get ready

Okay so as we all know, I think its safe to say we are definitely in "countdown mode"! I'm sitting here at my desk thinking about the last minute packing details, the plane ride (which I have to admit I'm not a flyer), but most importantly the new journey on which us first timers are about to embark. I have fond memories of Louisiana in Baton Rouge many many moons ago, and visited New Orleans just months before Katrina hit. I stood at the edge of Lake Pontchartrain, which was then "the calm before the storm". I actually bent down and put my hands in this magnificent body of water, just to prove I'd been there. It's funny how nature can be be so wonderful and welcoming one minute, and remind us of her fury the next. Louisiana is a place of beautiful people, a mix of intriguing culture, music, and most of all good ole "Southern Hospitality". I am glad to be a part of this life changing experience, and glad to see that even years later after the devastation, "People still care", people want to make an impact, and people want to help their Southern neighbors. To all those coming together in the next 48-72 hrs, I don't even know you , but can't wait to see you.....and welcome your fearless spirit, with the need for change! T @numi over and out!

1 comment:

audi5000jeff said...

My hats are off to you guys with this
blog setup. My 1st question was about the upcoming forecast. Just after I posted I see that slick weather link. You guys are on it.