Wednesday, October 22, 2008

can I have this dance?

Hey folks!

Being the dance-fanatic that I am, I decided to get a bit familiar with the New Orleans social scene. Luckily there is a local Cajun-Zydeco dancing venue right in our little town of Berkeley. Live-band, local brews, what's not to love?

So, I drove my timid self to Ashkenaz Community Arts Center at 8pm last night to check it out.

I have to say that, after the initial "what the heck am I doing here" jitters and the introductory lesson, I got a bit swept up in the collective excitement of the regular dancers and the live music.

Everyone was extremely friendly and open to giving tips on this energetic dance form.

Below is a great video of a brother and sister dancing in their kitchen.
This gives a fun introduction to Zydeco dancing.

yay! :-)

1 comment:

shauna said...

So much fun! They are soooo smooth!!